Are you curious about patents? As an inventor, what do you need to know before filing a patent application for protection? A good patent search will help you identify prior art references that are critical to the patentability of your invention. In this workshop, you will learn, through hands-on exercises, how to navigate through multiple free patent databases, and how to conduct your own preliminary patent search effectively. Handouts are included. The workshop covers two parts:
- Part One: Introduction (including patentability requirements, identification of patent documents, patent classifications and patent search strategies)
- Part Two: Hands-on practice (including classification search using USPTO's PatFT/AppFT, and EPO's Espacenet; Hybrid search using classification and keywords)
Classes are offered on multiple dates. Choose the date that fits your schedule and register online:
- Tue., Sept. 12, 2017, 12-2 p.m.
- Thur., Sept. 28, 2017, 12-2 p.m.
- Tue., Oct. 10, 2017, 12-2 p.m.
- Thur., Oct. 26, 2017, 12-2 p.m.
Prerequisites: Preview the 7-Step patent search strategy video by the USPTO before coming to class
These classes are open to everyone on the Georgia Tech campus as well as to the public. For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org